Unless you’re a die-hard TV fan, like us here at Hollywood.com, you may have just found out about Jane the Virgin after watching Gina Rodriguez win the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Comedy Series. Did her sweet acceptance speech make you wonder what her show was all about? Well, we’re here to tell you it’s worth the hype.
Jane the Virgin is a self-proclaimed telenovela that non-Spanish speakers can understand and love. We won’t ruin the plot for you, but there are countless dramas in both love and life that are portrayed with all the embellishment and even the sexy narrator voice that we could once only dream of. It doesn’t take anything too seriously, but still has us hooked on the characters (there’s even a telenovela actor in the mix).
1. Let’s start with the obvious, the very attractive people in this show:
2. The sweet, innocent good girl that is Jane reminds us of the teacher’s pet we once were:
3. The complicated love triangle:
4. The speed at which Jane falls in love with a baby she never planned to have:
5. Rojelio’s obsession with himself is more funny than annoying:
6. The narrator’s voice and ability to say exactly what we were thinking, Exhibit A:
7. Exhibit B:
8. The way the show highlights the importance of family:
9. There are mean high school girls that you actually grow to love:
10. Louisa’s general craziness:
11. Rojelio’s persistence with Xiomara:
12. Alba’s ability to ruin so many sexual encounters:
13. Well, a mixture of Alba and God…
14. The undeniable chemistry between Rafael and Jane:
15. There’s a character you can pin all your hatred and anger on – Petra:
16. The fact that behind all this aforementioned drama there is also a search for a drug lord going on…
Recommended article: Chomsky: We Are All – Fill in the Blank.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.