Miles Teller is well on his way to becoming a household name. With roles in the coming-of-age indie drama The Spectacular Now, the big-budget action flicks of the Divergent series (the latest installment, Insurgent, is out Friday) and a gut-wrenching turn as an ambitious drummer in the Oscar-nominated Whiplash, Miles has proved he can do it all. But there’s still a lot you may not know about the 28-year-old actor. Here are some facts about Miles to get you acquainted.
1. He’s co-starred with Shailene Woodley in three movies so far – The Spectacular Now, Divergent and Insurgent.
Shailene has said she wants them to be the next Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio.
2. He was in a near-fatal car accident in 2007, and has the scars to prove it.
Don’t worry, he’s totally fine now. This GIF is just from a movie.
3. He actually knows how to play the drums.
To play Andrew in Whiplash, he practiced almost as obsessively as his character does in the film.
4. He’s appeared with Michael B. Jordan in two movies – That Awkward Moment and the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot.
5. He graduated from New York University’s Tisch School of Arts.
6. He first feature film was 2010’s Rabbit Hole.
He played a high school kid who caused a car accident that killed Nicole Kidman’s son. His scary car accident experience actually helped him get the part.
7. His dream role is Elvis Presley.
We can totally see it!
8. He’s doing a musical with Emma Watson.
Yep, he can sing and dance too.
9. Whiplash was shot in just 19 days.
We get whiplash just thinking about that.
10. He got totally ripped to play boxer Vinny Pazienza in the upcoming film Bleed for This.
But as he told Jimmy Fallon, it took a really long time to grow a mustache for the role.
11. He was cast to play Dan Aykroyd in an upcoming John Belushi biopic.
12. He’s dating a model – the gorg Keleigh Sperry. (Sorry, ladies.)
Are you a Miles Teller fan? Let’s gush over him together! Chat with us on Twitter and Facebook.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.