Happy almost one year anniversary, Kimye!
Hard to believe that Kanye West and Kim Kardashian will have been husband and wife for a year tomorrow, but it’s true: On May 24, 2014 the pair got married in a beautiful, hillside ceremony in Florence, Italy (after an insanely stylish pre-wedding week in Paris and Versailles). To celebrate the big occasion, we’re ringing in the star couple’s first year of marriage with a look back at their daring-duo style.
From matching all-black attire to the red carpet appearances that, well, nearly stopped the shows (we’re talking the 2015 Met Gala and 2015 Grammys, FYI), this couple isn’t afraid to make a joint style statement. See our picks for these sartorial soulmates’ best looks, and tell us which is your favorite in the comments!
1. Kim virtually crushed the 2015 Met Gala red carpet when she stepped out in a floor-sweeping (and feathered) custom Roberto Cavalli gown featuring a sheer skirt and bodice—a nearly naked dress of all nearly naked dresses. Kanye, for his part, made a dapper appearance, sporting a custom Roberto Cavalli suit in a deep burgundy (seriously, looked black!) hue.
2. Kim wowed us in Sophie Theallet at the Time 100 Gala (the equally well-attired Kanye was one of the night’s honorees).
3. This entirely sheer white midi was as attention-grabbing as Kim’s much-talked-about platinum blond locks.
5. The couple that wears chic suede shoes together, stays together.
6. Eye-catching couple alert: Kanye went all-black in Balmain Homme at the 2015 Grammys—a perfect complement to Kim’s metallic Jean Paul Gaultier Couture gown-meets-robe confection.
7. At Roc Nation’s Pre-Grammy Brunch, Kim went for a red-hot (and mermaidesque) Balmain crop-top and skirt combo, which she paired with a Lanvin statement necklace, while Kanye kept it cool in—can you guess?—all black.
8. Dressed down day is still a sartorial feast from these two.
9. The coordinating-in-black couple stepped out for the Givenchy show in Paris last September, with Kim in a sexy, lacy and very leg-baring gown.
10. One thing’s for sure: Kimye has baby-chic on lockdown. The couple got matchy-matchy with their precious daughter North West during New York Fashion Week.
11. And the one that, well, started it all. We have to include the couple’s stunning wedding day attire, which, for Kim, featured a custom Givenchy white-lace gown— while Kanye donned a trim black tuxedo, also by Riccardo Tisci.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.