With a live-action Cinderella movie set to premiere March 13 (we’ve got an exclusive clip from the flick), our excitement is in ultra-overdrive. So much so, in fact, that we’ve rounded up the ultimate list of style mavens who could make sartorial magic happen as our fairy godmothers. (Seriously, imagine if Cinderella had Anna Wintour dress her for the ball.)
If these fashionistas were our fairy godmothers, our closets would never feel empty again. Just think about how fast this crop of fashion aficionados, Hollywood It Girls and street-style stars would get your wardrobe together (better believe it would be quicker than you can say bibbidi-bobbidi-boo). Read on for our picks below!
1. André Leon Talley is known for his nearly encyclopedic knowledge of fashion history and his ability to, well, tell it like it is. We’re sure the former Vogue editor-at-large would not only revamp our wardrobes but give us valuable tips on trends that are timeless as well.
2. Fashion has a new It Girl just about every 2.94 seconds, but only few have staying power. Olivia Palermo —whose urban-cool-meets-Audrey Hepburn style motif has led to major outfit-envy on our parts—would be a well-fit choice for the fashionista fairy godmother role.
3. Few style bloggers have an eye for mix-match chic like Aimee Song. The street-style darling could have us ready for the ball (or just a walk down Broadway) in no time.
4. If anyone can unleash our sartorial Sasha Fierce, Sasha Fierce herself can: Beyoncé is the queen of high-low street chic (not to mention sexy date night looks). And she’s also the sort of fairy godmother you could kick it with solo cup-style.
5. Sienna Miller literally couldn’t be better fit for the role of fashionista fairy godmother—the British beauty’s mix-and-match looks are legendary (and also put her on the radar as someone everyone wanted to dress when she hit the scene in 2004).
6. Who better to make our fashion dreams come true than Lauren Conrad? (Really, girl has a Cinderella-inspired line under her belt.) The style maven’s romantic aesthetic and keen eye for on-trend style steals make her a glass shoe-in for fairy godmother.
7. Endlessly stylish, graceful and able to grant wishes—exactly how we picture Blake Lively in the fairy godmother role. The star’s style is part romantic, part SoCal-cool and everything we want to look like for a night out on the town.
8. Diane Kruger‘s style is so flawless that we’ve literally nicknamed her Diane Do No Wrong (in our heads, at least). As our fairy godmother, we’re sure she would have us ball-ready in no time with structured Chanel frocks, airy Armani confections and just about, oh, anything else a growing fashionista dreams of.
9. No one can make a fashion wish come true like Vogue editrix Anna Wintour (just ask Thakoon Panichgul and all other designers she’s literally brought into the high fashion lexicon overnight). And access to that designer rolodex? Yes, please.
10. The library is open…on our closets, that is! We would really love nothing more than for Mama Ru to get us—and our style staples—together. RuPaul specializes in gag-worthy fashion (for those not in the know, all things chic and unique) which is perfect for any gal who’s heading out but has nothing to wear.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.